This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.



If you are over 65 or fall into one of the risk groups, we still have 'flu vaccines available. Please contact reception to make an appointment


Non NHS work - charges

Charges for Non-NHS Work

Doctors are often required to write reports or provide certification to organisations that fall outside the agreed and negotiated fees for the NHS. In these circumstances they are entitled to make a reasonable charge for providing them. It is up to the individual doctor to decide how much to charge, although the British Medical Association (BMA) advises what fee should be charged.

When a doctor signs a certificate or completes a report, they need to check the patient’s entire medical record to ensure they are providing accurate information. Not all documents need a signature by a doctor. For example, you could ask another person in a position of trust who may be willing to sign a passport application free of charge (for example, teacher, accountant or priest).

GPs will not be able to complete forms overnight, so please ensure you give reasonable notice.

Below is a list of our services and charges, which are subject to regular review and is a guide only:



Adoption/fostering medical


Full medical AND report


HGV / PSV / Taxi licence medical


Overseas patient – private appointment (10 minutes)


Overseas patient – private prescription


Private consultation / medical (30mins)


Blood test (e.g. paternity test) per sample



Forms / Letters


Blue Badge Scheme form


Childminder Health Form (OFSTED)


DVLA Series II pro-forma


Gym medical exemption letter / fit for exercise letter


Holiday cancellation / school fees / sickness insurance (without exam)


Private medical insurance claim form (e.g. BUPA)


To whom it may concern letter (TWIMC) / statement of fact [short]


To whom it may concern letter [longer – fee set in advance with GP]

£25 - £130




Fitness to travel or drive


Freedom from infection certificate (e.g. for school, travel or employment)


Private sick certificate (please note no fee payable for NHS Med3 certificate)


Vaccination certificate





Medical Report on pro-forma (without examination)


Medical Report (without examination)


Medical Report (with examination)


Summary printout from clinical record (for patient)


Supplementary report






Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website