Seasonal flu is a highly infectious illness caused by a flu virus. The virus infects your lungs and upper airways, causing a sudden high temperature and general aches and pains. You could also lose your appetite, feel nauseous and have a dry cough. Symptoms can last for up to a week.
You may be invited for a flu jab if you are:
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer’s allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- or have a serious long-term health condition, including:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthmaDear Alex
Our Flu Clinics can now be booked.
Saturday Clinics are walk in clinics.
- Saturday 05/10/19 (Over 65 ONLY) 9am -12pm
- Saturday 12/10/19 9am -12pm
- Tuesday 22/10/19: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Saturday 26/10/19 9am -12pm
- Tuesday 29/10/19 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 5/11/19 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 12/11/19 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 12/11/196:30pm to 8:00pm
If you have any queries please contact the surgery.