Covid 19 Autumn/Winter 2023
Book or walk-in to get your COVID-19 vaccinations in Brighton & Hove
People who are eligible for a COVID-19 autumn vaccination can book appointments:
- through the NHS website
- using the NHS App
- by calling 119
- by calling the local booking hub on 0300 303 8060
Eligible groups may also be offered a vaccination by their GP surgeries or other local NHS services.
If you can’t find a time or location that suits you, keep checking back as more times and locations will be added as soon as they are available.
Adults who are eligible can also walk-in throughout October:
- Wednesdays: 10.30am-2.30pm Tesco superstore, Hove
- Thursdays: 10.30am-2.30pm Outside Hove Polyclinic
- Fridays: 10.30am-2.30pm St Peter’s Church
Who is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination this autumn?
- Residents in care homes for adults
- People aged 65 years and older
- People aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- People who are pregnant
- Carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline workers in health and social care settings
If you need help to get your COVID-19 vaccination, the vaccine team can help you:
- book an appointment
- find a venue you feel comfortable in
- arrange free transport to get you there
- talk through any worries you have
- where appropriate, arrange a home visit
Call 0300 303 8060 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
Don’t forget to book your flu jab
Eligibility for free NHS flu vaccines is the same as above, plus also:
- all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023
- school-aged children (from Reception to Year 11)
Adults should be invited by their GP. Once invited, you should book an appointment with your GP or a pharmacy that offers the flu vaccine as soon as possible to ensure you are protected ahead of winter.
Most children are offered the flu vaccine as a nasal spray. Younger children will be invited by their GP and school-aged children will be offered this through their schools. Parents are strongly encouraged to fill out their consent forms to enable their child to get protected.
More information about the local vaccination programme is available on the Sussex Health and Care website.